What is it?
- Sub-acromial impingement (SAI) is likely the most common shoulder complaint that presents from Crossfit.
- It occurs when the soft tissue structures of the shoulder gets pinched by the AC Joint
- Can be caused by the complex and dynamic nature of many of the exercises involved in WODs.
- Kipping, Power Cleans, SDHP etc.
- Sub-acromial impingement can occur due to many reasons:
- Most common (and preventable) in the sporting shoulder are biomechanics, activities (Like exercise), and strength factors
- Genetics may also contribute
- Assess if they are an issue for you
- Improve upon them before they become a source of pain.